Do I dare redownload…
Pokémon GO developers, Niantic, have outlined what trainers are to expect in the upcoming Halloween 2020 update. Included in this update are things like Halloween-themed Special Research and Field Research, Galarian Pokémon, costumes and more!
From October 24th 12 p.m. AEDT until November 4th 12 p.m. AEDT, trainers will be able to participate in this event:
- Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, in raids, and be hatching from eggs more frequently.
- Gengar and Sableye will be dressing up in costumes. Gengar can be acquired from raids while Sableye can be found in the wild and in eggs.
- Completing the Halloween 2020 Special Research will get you a Galarian Yamask.
- Spirittomb can be found by completing the Field Research and the Special Research, with a chance of it being Shiny.
- Trainers who completed the Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research will be able to join in the exclusive Timed Research for Gengar Mega Energy.
- Darkrai will feature in five-star raids.
- New Halloween-themed Field Research tasks to be completed.
- New Avatar items will be in the shop including a Gengar onesie, Sableye goggles and more.
- Creepy Crate, Boo Bundle, and Pumpkin Pack boxes will be in the shop.
- Special spooky surprises may happen when you take photos.
- There’ll be bonus 2x Transfer Candy and Catch Candy.
Throughout the 12-day event, trainers can also participate in Catch Mastery: Ghost Day (Sunday, October 25, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time), Alolan Marowak Raid Day (Saturday 31st October from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time, and the GO Battle League: Halloween Cup (Tuesday, October 27, at 7 a.m. AEDT to Wednesday, November 3, at 7 a.m. AEDT).
If only I remembered my password…