The spooky times have come to Overwatch with the annual Halloween Terror slew of new cosmetics, skins, emotes, weekly rewards dropping October 13th, alongside the return of Junkenstein’s Revenge co-op mode. The Halloween Terror 2020 event will run for the next three weeks.
Blizzard has yet again knocked it out of the park with the new Halloween-themed character skins, which include Karasu-Tengu Genji, Dai-Tengu Hanzo, Werewolf Winston, Flying Dutchman Sigma, and Shin-Ryeong D.Va. Players will also be able to earn epic skins, with Fantasma Sombra, Stone Brigitte, and (my favourite) Ragdoll Echo, by winning nine games each week. Cosmetic unlocks from previous events will also be available for players who missed out.
Junkenstein’s Revenge, the popular arcade-style horde-mode first introduced in 2016, will add Baptiste (The Renegade) and Ashe (The Outlaw) to the roster of playable heroes and feature six new challenge missions over the next six weeks.
If like me you’re keen to smack Dr. Junkenstein around a bit, the schedule is as follows:
- Vengeful Ghost: A deadly ghost chases players
- Frenzied Stamped: Zomnics move faster
- Volatile Zomnics: Zomnics explode near players
- Three They Were: Only 3 players but they deal more damage
- Mystery Swap: Heroes periodically randomized
- Shocking Surprise: Some enemies spawn Shock-Tires on death
Halloween Terror is free-to-play for Overwatch owners and is currently live on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.